This morning, one of my homegirls via gchat told me that she and her friend read and discuss my blog as if it’s a reading club. That’s dope. Her comment made my heart smile. I am truly blown away that people are affected by my writing. I am humbled by the facebook messages, texts, emails, calls, etc. that continually offer encouragement. Additionally, I am glad to know that people are discussing these topics with others. I would like to see more comments on the actual blog, but that will come when you all ready to make it happen.
Without further ado, this week’s edition of That’s Dope…That’s Not Dope.
That’s Not Dope
- The shooting at the Sikh temple in Milwaukee
- Healthy food (i.e. salad) costing so much more than non-healthy food (i.e. burgers)
- Chick-A-Fil and their anti-Gay marriage claim. Do what you do best, make chicken. Reserve judgement on people’s dating and sexual preferences, which does not affect your business. Money is still green regardless with whom one sleeps.
- Folk criticizing Two-time Gold Olympic Medalist Gabby Douglas’ hairstyle…wait, what? She just won two Gold medals and you are concerned about whether she has a fresh perm or wash and set…really?
- The cost of living in New York City
- Michael Phelps winning four gold medals and two silver in London even after his headshot suggested otherwise
- Five Guys’ burgers
- NBC’s coverage of the Olympic games, especially the stories about the athletes and their journeys
- HBO Go
- The sprinting rivalry between Jamaica and the United States
- Back to School shopping