Let him tell it, and Diddy will holler that he invented the remix. As I think about that statement, 112’s “Only You” and Total’s “Can’t You See” blare in my mind’s stereo. Actually, the more that phrase ruminates, I realize he may be right; clearly, he did not invent the remix, but he’s hands down the best to do it since the mid 90’s.
“Can’t stop, won’t stop” *Diddy bops in the judgement free zone*
Last night, Diddy took his obnoxious, braggadocios talk (editor’s note: Diddy is the best sh!t talker ever known in hip hop history…no debate!) to one of this year’s mandatory ATL summer smashes, Future’s “Same Damn Time.”
Here are a couple of the highlights with my comments written in my best instigating voice:
- 0:00-0:15–Talk that talk Diddy; these motherhumpers want to take your kindness for weakness. Nah, son! Blow their face off!
- 0:30-0:36–You half-breeds better get your pedigree up *snatches mic out of your reach*
- 0:40–MULTITASK. You. Can’t. Do. It. *evil villain laugh*
- 0:42-46–Factual! Diddy is thee greatest sh!t talker since…since…he invented the remix. (Diddy-1, Competition- 0)
- 0:50-0:55–Don’t worry about living your life. For damn sure, don’t worry about living Diddy’s life. He got this! He could live his life and your life. AT. THE. SAME. DAMN. TIME. (Point, Diddy)
- 1:05-1:09–I know y’all read that Forbes article, rihgt? Oh, you didn’t! Well please click the link and see that Diddy is worth 550Ms. Ms=Millions for you, sucker MCs.
- 1:12-1:16–How do you buy your white tees? Is it that Fruit of the Loom three pack or the single oversized ones from a couple years ago…it doesn’t matter! You have to do it regularly…likewise, Diddy cops Maybachs with the same frequency. What’s your life about?!
- 1:30–Words of advice from King Combs: Don’t be mad, be motivated!
And just like that, in 1:35 seconds, Diddy dropped the hottest, filled-to-the-brim-with-brag verse since…well…since his last guest verse on a hot ATL track courtesy of Waka Flocka’s “Oh Let’s Do It.”
Somehow, Diddy was able to disrespectfully humiliate all those with meager bank accounts. Unless Jay Z is reading this blog, that’s all of us! After hearing this song, I will forever look at my ATM receipt differently.
Oh and remember, if your partner doesn’t get mad at you for not responding to their text messages, they’re Bobby Browning